Many problems in the lower limb, knee, hip and lower back are from the way our feet contact the ground.
Foot and Ankle Clinics of America in Chicago can provide a comprehensive bio-mechanical and musculoskeletal assessment service to help us identify common and complex presentations resulting from your sporting injuries and general wear and tear on your feet.
Bio-mechanical and musculoskeletal problems can increase stresses within the foot structure and surrounding soft tissues creating pain. In some cases, the problem may lie in a number of areas such as poor posture, pelvic misalignment, leg length discrepancies and tight or poorly toned muscles.
Feet are our body’s foundation
Our bio-mechanical and musculoskeletal assessment focuses on the foot, ankle and knee joints and further includes the pelvis and lower back whilst assessing the relationship between them. The bio-mechanical assessment highlights compensatory movements at the pelvis and throughout the lower limbs and particularly at the major joints of the ankle and foot.
Correction of poor foot bio-mechanics with orthotics can improve and prevent many types of symptoms to include:
- Pediatric / children’s foot problems and rolling in at the ankle
- Forefoot pain, Morton’s Neuroma – (Metatarsaglia)
- Bunions – (Hallux Limitus or Hallux Rigidus)
- Arch strain – (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Policeman’s Heel – (Heel Spur)
- Ankle Pain – (Tibialis Dysfunction, Lateral impingement Syndrome)
- Shin Pain – (Compartmental Syndrome, Shin Splints)
- Knee Pain
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Lower back pain
Information compiled throughout the bio-mechanical assessment allows Foot and Ankle Clinics of America in Chicago to prescribe effective treatment and orthotic devices.